1. In the expansion of , the sum of 9th and 10th term is zero. Find the value of in terms of .
2. If the coefficient of 4th, 5th and 6th terms in the expansion of are in arithmetic sequence, then find the value(s) of .
3. If the last term in the expansion of is , find the value of .
4. Find the remainder when is divided by 7. (Non Calculator question)
5. If , then show that
6. (i) Find the first three terms in the expansion, in ascending powers of , of . [2 marks]
(ii) Given that the coefficient of in the expansion of is 12, find the value of the constant . [ 3 marks]
7. a) Use the binomial theorem to expand
b) Hence, deduce an expression in terms of and for .
Q8. Write down and simplify the general term in the binomial expansion of
is a constant.
(b) Given that the coefficient of is −70 000, find the value of .